Vacations, golf outings, or lounging by the pool may be on your schedule this summer, but save a little time for your home. Relax with the knowledge that your house is ready for summer by taking care of these chores before hitting the links:
- Trim around outdoor HVAC units. Grass and weeds growing around the units can affect their efficiency and could even cause expensive damage.
- Inspect your decks. If the wood is beginning to show its age, summer can be a good time to apply a coat of stain or sealant. Take the time to tap down any protruding nails and sand any rough areas to ensure safety throughout the seasons. Click here for different deck ideas.
- Check siding. Warm weather is ideal for pressure washing vinyl or fiber cement siding. Pay close attention to each piece of siding as you clean it, looking for cracks, soft spots and any other signs of trouble.
- Inspect foundation and crawlspace. Look for cracks that may need repair. Check the crawl space right after a heavy rain to make sure there’s no water getting in there.
- Test lawn irrigation system. If you have an underground lawn irrigation system, leaks in the pipes or connections can cause your water bills to skyrocket. The Environmental Protection Agency offers excellent tips for maintaining your irrigation system.
Our team is always available to help with any of your home care needs. Let us help build you a better home!